Pages

Friday, April 2, 2010

friday.

despite the announcement that sixbyte will be closing its doors, i woke up surprisingly cheerful today. the weather has been beautiful this past week, and i'm thrilled that spring is arriving.

travis and i got to work early at sixbyte. there is much to do and prepare {especially financials-wise} before the end of the month. i want to try and leave everything tied up as neatly as possible for this transition for christopher.

my mood and the weather convinced me that a silky, wrap spring dress was in order. i've mentioned before that my mom is always trying to convince me to wear dresses more often. i'm really not sure why this is such a sticking point with her. she always tells me i look nice even when i'm not in a dress {which is hardly ever} and other than sundays, i never see her in a dress. but i digress.

i pulled on aforementioned dress, threw on a pair of fabulous heels that i never get to wear, and headed outside ... into a torrential chilly downpour. how did i not know it was raining? it looked so pretty outside from my bedroom window.

i dried out on the drive to tulsa. it was raining even worse in tulsa than muskogee {but from what i hear, okc didn't really see any of it}.

i got inside and had just begun to dry out again when travis asked if i would make a breakfast sonic run. i complained about the rain so travis took his polo off for me to put on over my dress. david started laughing and offered me his waterproof jacket. i pulled on the jacket and headed back outside ... where the parking lot had become a pool. i took my shoes off half way to the car {water and light pink satin are really not a good combination} and ran barefoot the rest of the way.

when the lady delivered our food to the car at sonic she said, "i can't believe you're out in this weather."

"oh, you know, hungry boys."

"little ones?"

"um, no, my fiance, haha."

crazy look from the nice sonic lady. "well be careful out there."

when i got back to the office i threw my shoes in my bag, grabbed the food and drinks, and made a run for it. a lady was standing outside her office smoking.

"great weather we're having." {apparently when you're covered by the eve of the building, you don't mind making conversation with the barefooted girl who is running in the rain}.

"i know! isn't it crazy. i had no idea ..."

"where are your shoes??" {really? i'm standing in the rain, with no shoes, as she has obviously seen, but now is the time for inquiry}.

"oh, i had to take them off. heels. satin. not good for the water." {may i please go now}.

she must have decided, as the sonic lady had, that i was crazy, and she let me go without further questioning. by the time i made it back inside i was wishing i had ordered a coffee instead of my large diet coke with double vanilla.

i had to venture out one more time in the rain to meet kerry. i called my mom when i reached panera to tell her i was reminded exactly why i never wear dresses. =)

0 comments: