Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

fitness update.

so ... we haven't done such a great job since we committed to working out ... but then travis goes and impresses me by running 5 miles in under an hour last night while i was practicing with the guys. he ran from his parents' house all the way to the pool hall! for those of you not from muskogee, that probably doesn't mean much, but as i said, it was 5 miles!! just out of the blue!

tonight we worked out together at the house doing the "arnold workout," as travis likes to call it. he's been reading another of arnold's books {this one i believe is his autobiography}. in it he shows different exercises one can do in one's living room. things like push ups, squats, different versions of sit-ups ... all things that you've probably seen before.

it was a little pathetic because i couldn't even do one push-up! {you have to start in the down position and raise up with out moving your back any}. i couldn't do it, even on my knees, which is really sad {and pathetic} for me because i usually do "guy" push-ups when i'm working out. travis did a great job of pushing me. we had to do 5 sets of each of the things that we did and focus on form more than reps. my legs were literally shaking by the time we were finished, but man! it felt good!

we were headed to run when my parents called us and asked if we could go release justin and lindsay from the pool hall. kerry {of kerry & murray -- family friends} had called earlier in the day to say that her mom had just had an aneurysm and was expected to pass at any moment. kerry and my dad grew up together, and for her to all meant that she really needed my parents there. it was very unexpected and my heart goes out to kerry and her family. at times like this i am very grateful for my mom, and also saddened by the thought that my time with her is limited.

we ended up being at the pool hall for a little over an hour, but it was after 10:30 when we got home tonight. we decided to forego running, but i am going to really try to get us to both go tomorrow after work.

we're planning a camping trip at the lake for this weekend, just the two of us. i'm really excited as i've never been camping before. we both have the day off on friday so i'm not sure if we'll head out there during the day or wait until later in the evening. i'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

The Hurst Family said...

Which lake are you going to? We had thought about going floating this weekend, but canceled bc nobody wanted to go with us! Yay for working out...those pushups sound hard. I hate push-ups! I still haven't lost any weight in boot camp, I just can't stop eating bad stuff :( And I'm going to check out your music later, I had no idea you had a band!!

Rhiannon said...

that's funny ... we've had our band for 8 years. it's only been the last year or so that we've not played any gigs.