Pages

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

facetiming with parker.


last weekend i was really thinking about how much parker is changing and growing and just how much i miss him.  a few days before mom told me that parker had picked up a picture of me at the house and started saying my name and asking about me.  i texted lindsay and asked if she thought parker would facetime. he's not putting entire sentences together yet, but he is saying more and more words all the time, so i thought he might be up for it.  plus i've only facetimed one other time - it was with kate when i was trying to show her a weird bruise on my face - so i thought it would be fun for me to learn more about it, too.

we couldn't make it happen over the weekend, but on monday night i was in houston in my hotel room alone.  i knew i was going to make it an early night {i had been up since 3:15 that morning!} so i texted lindsay to see if they were up for it. 

they texted me back a little later and said they had just come in from playing outside, but they wanted to give it a shot. 

when i first called, he touched the screen and hung up on me.  when i called back lindsay kept laughing and telling him not to touch the screen.  he was so funny.  he got really excited, then he just kind of ran around.  he ended up showing me his truck, and we played peek-a-boo.  he says "rhiannon" now {!!!!} and my heart melts {as if his smile wasn't devastating enough}.   he also showed off his new big boy bed. 



he had to leave to get in the bath, and i ended up having a nice, long talk just catching up with my brother until the phone died.  

he texted me a few minutes later apologizing, but i assured him it was quite alright as i was already in bed and was quickly getting the lights turned out.  did i mention it was only 9:00? i was one tired girl, but it was so great visiting with my brother.  i love that guy so much, and we just don't get to hang out nearly as much as i would like. 

0 comments: