Pages

Friday, March 26, 2010

ick, ick. i'm definitely sick.

the week after kate's birthday i started feeling a little puny {not that the two were related in any way}. i had a lot going on with the business, though, and told myself that i didn't have time to get sick. my little antibodies needed to kick it into high-gear. i guess they didn't listen or had the week off, because in the middle of the night thursday, i woke up with fluids runny down my face {not a pretty picture} and my throat felt horrible. i woke up long enough to realize i was sick and then fell back asleep. travis had taken the day off friday in anticipation of his birthday weekend, so i had to drive into tulsa myself. on days when travis drives i can nap in the car, but that friday i just had to suck it up. i overslept a teeny bit, so i didn't get to the office right at 9:00. i sat down at the computer and was a little grateful that i didn't have to work on anything that required too much brain function. as the morning went on, i started feeling worse and worse. i was sneezing every two seconds and had to live with a tissue box in my hand. at lunch time the guys decided to head to el tequila. they've recently built a new one not far from the office. i wasn't feeling too hot by this time, but was the selected driver, and i thought a little tortilla soup might help me feel better. we ordered lunch, talked about topeka changing their name to google, and a lot of other "tech-y" things, and then headed back to the office. i was actually feeling a little better. maybe there really are healing powers in chicken broth. it didn't take long for my sneezing to kick back in, however, and by 3:00 i knew i wasn't going to make it until 5:00. i finally conceded at 3:30 and headed home. tom could tell i felt horrible because everytime he looked at me it looked as though i was crying and he would make a sympathetic face. i went home and promptly fell to sleep. travis came to check on me a few times, tucked me in snuggly, and i slept while he went to the pool hall. at least someone enjoyed their friday night. =)

0 comments: