Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

another workout in the books.

did i mention that i worked out earlier this year? i can't remember exactly when it was, but a week and a half to two weeks ago.

travis signed us up for a membership and i went with him. can i just say, i.thought.i.would.die. die i tell you! it took me almost twenty minutes to run a mile!! ridiculous! in high school we had to run a little more than a mile in under ten minutes or run it again. ridicamous.

tonight i did much better. i was afraid i would fail dismally because i remembered my earbuds, but forgot my ipod. there was nothing on the tvs, but i was able to tune into the local radio stations on my eliptical and worked out to the likes of rihanna and britney -- two artists i really like very little, but who had very peppy beats for running.

today i went two miles in twenty minutes!!! {okay twenty-two minutes, but that is waaaaay better than my one mile in close to the same time last time}. hopefully i will keep this momentum {does two times to the gym in a two week period really counts as momentum?} but you get my drift.

help me stay motivated girls!!! i need to drop these lbs in a bad way. i can't keep buying new clothes!

2 comments:

The Hurst Family said...

ridicamous! haha! i love this new word you made up.

um, pretty sure it would take me 20 minutes to run a mile right now too, and i don't want to find out.

yeesh.

The Hurst Family said...

You have a lot of pictures to catch up on for Project 365! Your last one was from January....how are the workouts going? We signed up for a gym membership and now I seriously have a bitter struggle with myself every night about whether or not I will go.