Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2009

changes.


so you know me ... i've been waiting to post yet again until i have pictures. when am i going to learn?

this has been an exciting week, far more interesting than the rather mundane weeks we've been having. this week travis and i both got haircuts and i love them! love! them! {btw, blogger is being really weird. as i type the screen keeps expanding to make one loooooong line, instead of automatically bumping me down to the next line. weird}. but back to our exciting week. i took a picture with my phone immediately after my hair appointment, but i can't get it to send via text or via phone email. my phone is a little jacked up. everytime i try to send it, it shuts off. i've sent pictures from my phone millions of times, so i'm not sure what the problem is. i absolutely love travis's hair as well, and he keeps getting compliments on it. renata is just great. travis has never found someone whom he likes to cut his hair. renata has never let him down.

the next bit of exciting news is my stationery boutique. i have decided to launch an online campaign for it. as you know, i've dabbled in a blog showcasing my products, but didn't like it because i didn't have a website and there wasn't an easy way for individuals to pick out and purchase products. then i tried an etsy shop, but i didn't really spend time nurturing it and promoting it (which i am a little thankful for, as i've decided to change the name of my store). i have forever wanted to open a store called "cordially invited;" the more i look around, however, the harder it would be for me to have a store with that name. no suitable website is still available for a shop with that name. so travis and my family and i did a little brainstorming and a new brand was born.
notably noted.

i didn't think i would ever love a name as much as cordially invited, but i think notably noted is great. i'm very happy with it. and i was able to find the name available on all outlets that i needed (notablynoted.com + notablynoted.etsy.com + facebook + twitter). i registered the website earlier this week and now have a splash page up while i continue to search for the perfect webpage template. i don't want to wait to have one designed just for me at this time, and there are several wonderful sites already available.
in all the years i've talked about opening a store-front, i've always known that i would open it around christmas time. jen and i were talking about her photography business and my business. i was very inspired and decided that if i am ever to take the plunge, now is the time. it is right before the christmas holidays and i am hoping to get a lot of brand awareness during this time which will help with recurring business throughout the year next year.

i still plan to do the "elever" business {which has yet to re-named} but the stationery boutique is still very near and dear to my heart, and i just love doing it. my hope is that the online stationery boutique will become more of a "residual income" source while i focus time and energy on retaining new clients and promoting that business.

i've spent most of the past few days uploading my designs to facebook and will probably start my etsy shop soon. i hope that you enjoy my new designs and also hope that you will help spread the word among your families and friends.

0 comments: