Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2011

gratitude.

Wait, what?? I haven't posted since February?? As in five months ago?? Are you kidding me? Craziness. There are SO many things that have happened in these past five months -- looks like a LOT of posting is in order. I'm not going to get into all of that tonight, though. Instead I'm going to share a glimpse into the girl I was five to eight years ago. While unpacking a few random boxes tonight, I found a "Gratitude Journal" that Amelia had given to me as a gift a looong time ago. In it, I found the following entry:


When I was a freshman at TU, Aimee Bauerlein Keiffer made a gift for me.
It was a cup that said, "My cup runneth over," around the top. Along with
it she provided small squares of paper -- these were to be used to write
blessings and other things I was thankful for. The idea, of course,
was to place the "blessings" in the cup and watch it "runneth over."
;) I found thme the other day and it was wonderful to look back on those
blessings.

Tonight, I was blessed again as I read through the things I had written as a 22-year old wrapping up her last year of college.


  • My great roommate and friend Aimee who encourages me (and who made me this cup) =)

  • Thank you God for being my Provider: Gates Scholarship

  • I am the daughter -- or princess if you will -- of THE King!

  • My brother made it safely through his wisdom teeth removal

  • My bank account $till ha$ money in it -- Thank you! =)

  • You are the only one I need. I bow all of me at your feet. I worship you alone. You have given me more than I could ever have wanted and I want to give you my heart and my soul. You alone are Father, & you alone are good, & you alone are Savior, & you alone are God. I am alive!

  • J

  • Sierra

  • The little miracles that happen each day -- those small things that seem so insignificant but still matter so much

  • "You can't ask for a Godly blessing and live a goldfish life."

  • We found out about the golf tournament scheduling error before October

  • Blessed is the man whom God corrects so do not despise the discipline of the Almighty. Job 5:17

  • Being an American citizen is such an amazing blessing

  • The gift of creativity

  • The ability to read God's word. This is a blessing I need to remember not to take for granted.

  • Daily reminders of Your continual presence and guidance!!

  • My king died for me -- a mere pauper and sinner

  • I got an "A" in Culpepper's!!

  • I love my mama!

  • You've given me the desire to find a young girl to mentor and spend time with and disciple -- help me find her

  • A dad who has worked hard my whole life to provide for his family

  • M.O.M.

  • Sierra ~ Thank you for how much she loves me and for allowing me to have such a great sister to love!!!

  • I serve a God who is the God of another chance, another time. Thank you for your mercy and grace

  • The interview I have Monday

  • My brother has turned into an amazing young man! It's unbelievable that he's 17!! -- and now as I re-read this in 2011, my brother is 25 and my sister is 17 (soon to be 18)!

These are just a few of the slips of paper that I wrote. I tried to remember to write at least one blessing each day and the cup did get very full. I think I might try that project again. I moved from writing on slips of paper to writing in the journal. I got halfway through the journal and then the entried slowly dwindled away {not unlike our blog lately}.


Every day I want to remember just how blessed I am and how many incredible things I have for which to be thankful. You are one of them, my friend, my family.


Thanks for being a part of my life in each of the small and enormous ways you are.

1 comments:

The Hurst Family said...

That sounds like a lovely project. Don't you love happening across old journals and stuff like this?