Pages

Saturday, September 13, 2008

saturday in the ... apartment.

I have now begun typing my blogs in Word before posting them on the website, because as you can see, my nine.eleven post is yet another post that “saved” all along and then disappeared when i posted it. I resorted to cutting and pasting.

Thursday Justin and Lindsay were in town getting Justin’s letter of approval for the home loan he’s taking. – writing this reminds me that I need to give him a call; he was to make an offer on a house in Muskogee on Friday. I need to see how that’s going. As I was saying, they were in town, so they came to the apartment while I was at the chiropractor. When I got home, I changed (a million times since I couldn’t find anything that would fit me); then we all chatted for 30 minutes about what we wanted to do. The kids couldn’t stay too late because they had to work in the morning. Everyone except for Travis was hungry, though, so we headed to Texas Roadhouse. Travis and I shared a chicken fried chicken and Lindsay and Justin had steak. The food was eh …
They headed back home with the understanding that we would not be joining them for our traditional Friday night ride/movie night. Travis and I decided that we needed to stay home, clean, and relax in our own place for a while. We also need to stop burning up the highway (and gasoline) between Tulsa and Muskogee.

Friday was an interesting day at work. We were concerned about a theft at one of our clients’ – not what I expected to wake up to first thing in the morning. I dealt with that most of the day. At lunch Kerry and I went to lunch with Jen. She met us at the office and we headed to Olivet. It’s a relatively new restaurant at 91st and Memorial. We ate outside and had a great visit. Jen looks adorable. She now looks pregnant and is too, too cute. Travis made fun of me when I got home because I said, “Travis, Jen looks pregnant now!” He said, “that’s probably because she is.” She seems to be doing really well, and was glad to get to see her. Lately we tend to average about a month between our visits … and that’s just too much time!

Last night Travis and I did very little. We watched Pretty Woman, and I fell asleep not long after it was over. Travis put me to bed (what a sweetie) and then stayed up reading for about five more hours or so. I don’t think I woke up a single time during the night.

This morning I woke up around 8:30. I knew Trav was looking forward to sleeping in, so I let him sleep while I got up, read, and updated my LinkedIn account.
We’ve done laundry, put a few more pictures around the apartment, made a trip to Borders, and are now enjoying the grey, drizzly, relaxing Saturday afternoon.

1 comments:

Jenny @ jennycollier.com said...

i agree a month is too, too long between our visits. i'm loving catching up on all of the posting that you've been doing. i hope you are taking care of yourself and recovering well from your surgery. once you are back on your feet let's plan to get together again.

love,
jen