Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

peter pan & wendy.

i am ready for bed, but before i say good night, i must post a few things. justin called tonight to say that he has bought a house. he seems very excited about it and expects to close on it on or before october 24th. it's so strange that he would call tonight to say that because of the direction i had intended this post to take ... it fits right in.
last night travis and i were just lying there when it suddenly became very real to me that justin will be getting married. we talk about it all of the time, but somehow it had not set in until last night. lindsay has bought a dress. they've set a wedding date. justin will be married. married. a married man. not my little brother living at home with my mom and dad. (of course he will always be my little brother; my point, he is not a little boy anymore). i started to cry, and travis held me and asked why. i explained to him how i was feeling. that i didn't want justin to move out. travis pointed out that i don't live at home anymore either. i agreed, but somehow it's different. i can't imagine that i will go home to find that my brother doesn't live there anymore. travis said ever so softly, "we're not little kids anymore. we've all grown up." even writing this now, i want to cry. i was always the one more mature than my age group ... but i never wanted childhood to end. travis was much the same -- always the adult with a childlike mind (that doesn't sound as nice as i intend for it to). i never wished for time to speed up. i always knew exactly how quickly time was passing ... how quickly time is passing. i've never been one thrilled about change. i always enjoy new experiences and new adventures, but momumental life changes such as these always throw me for a loop, making me over-nostalgic. and now we are also facing many changes, many life decisions, and all we really wish for -- someone to tell us the next few steps we need to take.

tonight we're leaving for never, neverland. all our love and kisses. :)

1 comments:

Jenny @ jennycollier.com said...

so strange that you posted this. i had this same realization the other day when one of my employees told me that my favorite high school teacher brought an old photo of me into class to show her. it all of a sudden hit me that my employee is TWELVE YEARS younger than me and has him as a teacher.

i always have the mindset that i'm still fresh out of high school. never that high school kids would think i'm old!