Pages

Sunday, September 21, 2008

surgery.

what a whirlwind the past few days have been. i missed work wednesday morning because i had a terrible stomachache that kept me awake all night. i still didn't feel well by the afternoon, but i had too much to do, so i went in to the office. by 4:00 kerry said that i was as pale as a ghost. travis and i took it easy and ended up watching made of honor. we had been waiting for it to come to dvd. thursday morning i still didn't feel well, so i called into work again. i had a doctor's appointment that afternoon in muskogee, so i decided to just rest and take it easy until time to go.
i wasn't at the doctor's long when he told me that he wanted to put me in the hospital on friday. i was immediately emotional and wished that travis had been able to take off work. i called him to let him know and then said i would call back with more details.
when i got out of the doctor's office, my mom was waiting for me. she said she just had a feeling that she needed to stop by. she and sierra took me across the street to the hospital to have my blood work and be admitted for the next morning.
travis called numerous times to check on me. he said that he would pack a bag and meet me in muskogee. we would just stay the night there and go to the hospital in the morning.
it seemed we had to wait in the hospital for quite a while and the hospital was everything i remembered as a child. i still hate needles and having my blood taken. :)
while in surgery, the doctor discovered a cyst the size of a lemon in my uterus which he removed and had sent off for testing. my ovaries were both full of cysts; they looked like bags full of marbles. a large fatty mass had attached itself to the bottom of my uterus and one of my ovaries, so they had to remove that scar tissue and put the fatty tissue where it was supposed to go, about 4 inches lower. they also found two other areas of scar tissue that they removed and are having tested. on top of all of that, they discovered that my appendix was about to rupture, so they removed that as well. needless to say, i am very, very sore. i have spent most of my time in bed and a large part of that time i've been asleep. travis has been a champ; i think he probably got less sleep than i did as he was in my room at my parents' checking on me every few hours.
i feel very blessed to have the love and support of my family members and friends.
dee and amanda both came to see me in the hospital and addison sent me flowers at my parents'. sierra sat with me most of the day today, and lindsay and justin helped travis get me home since i'm not allowed to drive my car.
i'm a little nervous to be here all by myself tomorrow, but think i should be fine as i should be asleep most of the day.

0 comments: