Pages

Monday, September 22, 2008

in and out.

i feel like i'm spending my days drifting in and out of a fog. travis has done a fabulous job of looking after me. this morning before he left for work he put a sheet on the couch and moved all of the pillows from our bed to the couch. he got the ottoman next to me set up with the laptop, my medicine, a bottle of water, my cell phone, snacks and napkins. i spent the morning napping and watching gilmore girls. i woke up when travis came home for lunch to check on me. he made us a delicious lunch of broccoli cheddar macaroni and sprite. the swelling in my stomach has gone down a little more, but still not completely. he wasn't able to stay at home with me for too long before heading back to work. i spent the rest of the afternoon battling a severe headache and nausea. my sister and my mom both called to check on me. sierra is not happy with her school, and im afraid she's finding herself as bored as i am.
when travis got home from work (after stopping at the store to pick up a couple of things that i needed), he immediately fixed me a snack -- goldfish crackers -- and fresh sprite. i got up and attempted to take a shower, but i'm afraid that was too much for me. i should have continued to rest, but i was beginning to feel old =). i immediately got back on the couch and got resettled. travis was buzzing around the apartment, and I told him that -- "you're buzzing around here like a crazy person." "i'm kind of starting to look like your mom aren't i?" he replied. and di he ever. he was unpacking our bags from the weekend, doing laundry, loading the dishwasher, starting dinner, and still managing to check in on his dvds and his computer game.
he made pasta with a light sauce with vegetables mixed in. he had also cut up an apple for me, saying that i needed a healthy meal. he's been great to constantly check in with me to see if there's anything i need and to see if i'm alright. i couldn't have a better guy to take care of me.
i am growing weary of watching a television screen, a phone screen, and/or a computer screen. i've read many magaxines and have spent time looking for wedding chapels for justin and lindsay and for me and travis. i keep reminding myself not to try too many things before my body is ready, though, just because i'm bored. i need to make sure that i'm much more healed. otherwise, i start to immediately regret it.
now travis has gone back to work -- he has to go in the evenings sometimes when the office is closed, so that he's not interfering with others' work -- and i'm here watching king kong. i had never seen it, and it's actually surprisingly good.
for now, i will give my eyes a bit of a rest again and wait for him to get home.

0 comments: