Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

up on the roof top.

as i explained in an earlier post, my trip out here was very last minute, and surprise, i don't have my camera. you're shocked, i know. so once again, i'm relying on my handy-dandy iphone camera. the pictures aren't as great as if i was using my actual camera, but you can still get the idea. these were taken from the rooftop of the flat. look at that gorgeous blue sky. you can't tell by the pics because the lens pushes everything so far out, but the view of the golden gate bridge is incredible. i took pictures looking several different directions while standing on the roof:


this last picture absolutely does not do justice for the view i had. i was walking along {i had been walking for about 45 minutes}. when i topped this hill, it almost looked as if the world dropped off {because on the other side of that stop sign is a super steep hill}, and slid straight down into the water. it. was. breathtaking. i did the whole inhale-deeply-and-smile thing {and said a quick prayer of thanks that i wouldn't find myself walking down that incredibly steep hill}. i want to take so many pictures ... but i also hate looking like a tourist. ha!



i'm also so thankful for the inventions of technology ... such as google maps for the iphone. i would have had no idea how to find my way around the city during the day while everyone is at work.

i'll leave tomorrow pretty early to head back home. it's a little bittersweet. i am enjoying myself immensely here, but am missing my oklahoma boys as well.

0 comments: