Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

pedicures with andy.


last friday {wow, i can't believe that was already almost a week ago!} i was miserable after working at the store. my feet hurt all the way up to my knees and my lower back was killing me. i talked to travis and he suggested i take a long hot bath. i took his advice and laid in the tub for about an hour. that usually helps, but this time i felt no better than i had when i got in. i had been wanting a pedicure for sometime and felt that a spa pedicure could actually help me feel a lot better.
i decided i was going to get a pedicure and thought that a night of girl time would do me well, too.
since being in edmond, i really haven't gotten to see any of my friends who live here. andy has been working at the upper crust most nights, shannon seems really busy with school and her new job, and miss kasi and i can never seem to connect.
i took a chance that andy wasn't working that night {but felt it was a slim chance since it was a friday night}. i sent her a message on twitter and not long after received a text from her. she was in edmond! it was meant to be. she met up with megan to pick up a scentsy order {which is funny because i had just picked up a scentsy order from her a few days before}. then we met up at spring creek for a massage chairs and spa pedicures at avalon. it.was.divine.
i loved catching up with her and hearing the latest news in her life, while bouncing thoughts off of her regarding my resignation at pier 1 and my upcoming new position. i could have fallen asleep in the chair as the guy doing my pedicure did an excellent job massaging my feet and legs.
andy had to get ready for a trip to dallas for jenny and tim's housewarming party, so we couldn't spend the entire evening together, but we decided a little spicy pickle {a local sandwich shop} was in order. i was sad for the evening to come to an end but really excited that i actually got to see my friend -- i'm pretty sure it was the first time since our trip to hawaii!!

1 comments:

The Hurst Family said...

I'm SO GLAD you called. That was just what I needed too, and it was great to see you. We have to do it more often :) I am addicted to the Citrus Massage!!!