Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

"where have you been?" -- stillwater

i was in san fran about a month ago ... starting september 9th to be exact ... wow, a month and ten days ago. time flies by so incredibly fast. so i brought you up to speed with san fran, but a month and ten days is still a lot of unaccounted time. so where have i been since then?

well the next steps along my journey took me to stillwater. if you remember, i mentioned in my last post that i've been embarrassed and haven't felt like blogging. embarrassed because i didn't get the job everyone was "sure" i was a shoo-in for at mashable. and embarrassed to be working in retail again. a few days before my whirlwind trip to the bay, i accepted a position as the store manager for the pier 1 in edmond. the sunday i returned home from ca, i met brad {my former/current regional manager} at the pier 1 at the farm in tulsa. i got my paperwork, discount card, and schedule. that monday i picked up a rental card and began a two week voyage back and forth between stillwater and broken arrow on a daily basis.

it was funny to start my manager training in stillwater since it was the first store i ever managed. i had a great time meeting shawn, the current manager of that location. she's a hoot!

i ran into girls from high school though who were in town for the osu game. i felt humiliated and tried to avoid anyone i really knew. again, kate keeps reminding me that it's ridiculous to feel this way, but i can't help it.

everything came back quickly during my training -- how systems work; policies enforced; audits required, etc. i was anxious to hear about the mashable job, but grateful at the same time to be doing something that didn't stress me out. the drive wasn't fun, but with the exceptions of just a couple of times, it really wasn't too bad.

i spent two weeks there and then it was time for me to head to edmond.

0 comments: