Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

haley's spring break: part 2.

The next morning we got up and took showers and headed down to the hotel restaurant. We were bummed that we wouldn’t be able to take Haley to the zoo – it was too cold even for Polar Bear days and Haley only had a thick cardigan. We would be miserable walking around outside all day.
 
We thought breakfast in the hotel would be fun. I snapped a few pictures of everyone and then we spent time walking around and exploring the rest of the hotel before we had to check out.
 
 
 
 
 































Sue called while we were at breakfast and invited us to come on over whenever.  We spent the rest of the day introducing Haley to Sue, Jim, Ashley, Adrian, and Bella. My heart melted when we walked in the door and Sue hugged Haley like she had always been part of the family.

Sue asks about Haley all the time, talks about how beautiful she is each time I send her pictures, and always tells me to make sure I tell her that she loves her.

I know this hasn’t been an easy transition for Haley (and we’re just getting started), but I love that Travis’s family has embraced her the way they have. Everyone has been that way, from Dee and Steve, to Amanda and Zach to Sue and her family.

We were disappointed that there wasn’t more for us to do to entertain Haley – she wasn’t old enough to go to the movie theater where you can dine while watching and as I mentioned, the zoo didn’t pan out. Hopefully we’ll be able to take a fun trip this summer.

0 comments: