Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2012

making memories of us.

this morning travis had to wake up and go to work, but i'm home with the boys for the rest of the week.  i usually sleep in, but this morning i was wide awake when travis left.  i laid in bed a bit longer, but went a head and got up.

i came into the living room and turned on the t.v.   cmt (country music television) was on -- which is weird because i don't remember the last time we watched this channel.  anyway, there was a song playing that reminded me of "get a little mud on the tires"  which reminded me of when travis and i first met.  we used to go for drives late at night through little towns in oklahoma.  we would always end up in fields looking up at the stars, holding hands, and just talking.  i loved it.

that then reminded me of  "making memories of us."  travis used to play that song for me.  "... i'll earn your trust making memories of us..."  and did he ever.  i'm such a lucky girl that he stuck around.  i know our first year wasn't easy for him.  i was so scared to love again and hurt again, and he kept putting all of himself out there.  i was scared, but i also couldn't live without him.  i wanted him around all the time.

to my husband:  thank you taking the time to earn my trust by spending time with me and making wonderful memories.  i know it hasn't always been easy, and i'm glad you've stuck with me and helped see me through tough times.  i'm looking forward to making so many more memories with you.

 

0 comments: