Pages

Monday, May 11, 2009

28 april 2009: shampooing disaster.

i borrowed the shampooer from travis's mom today. travis got all of the furniture and last few boxes moved down to the garage last night, so it was just me, the shampooer, and the carpets today. i didn't receive detailed instructions on the operation of the shampooer as i had used one before; dee just showed me where to put the water and solvent. let's just say today was an adventure. at one point the shampooer was making the rugs dirtier than they were when it began spitting out rug "fur balls" and dirt clumps. i panicked, cleaned the mess, and then went back to trying it out again. this time, it decided to explode water, dirt, and soap all over the bedroom walls, mini-blinds, and window. luckily the walls wiped down easily, and i tried my luck a third time. as they say, the third time is the charm, and it seemed the shampooer and i had worked out all of our kinks. i was able to vacuum all of the water and soap back up and shampooed my way to the door. it was a very lengthy process and my back was killing me by the end, but as i looked across the apartment on my way out the door, it was a very satifying experience. now to load it back in the car by myself ...

0 comments: