Pages

Monday, May 11, 2009

05.01.2009: interviewing.

earlier this week i went for an interview at magnolia gardens in muskogee. they have a marketing position for which i have been personally recommended. (knowing this was a possibility also helped when i was considering my resignation). after working on the other side of the hiring business for almost two years, it felt strange to find myself headed to an interview as an applicant. i arrived with my suit, padfolio, and several copies of my resume (i would have made any recruiter proud). the lady who met with me is the administrator and is so completely scattered. her best friend, janice, and former marketing director is the one who has referred me to the position, so she knew a lot about my experience already. at this time, the position has been cut back to part-time hours, but my dad said that could be a good thing since i am trying to plan a wedding, too, so she is not sure what she is allowed to offer for the position or when she can bring someone on board. she is trying to cover both jobs herself, though, and i can see that it is definitely the job of two people. i will follow up with her in a few days to see if she has had the chance to visit with corporate. in the meantime, most of my efforts are going to focus on the new business.

0 comments: