Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

04.12.2009: easter sunday.

this year easter was a new experience. it was evident that life is moving and we are all growing. for the first year ever, the kids didn't all walk into the living room at the same time to see what the easter bunny had left us. of course, justin and lindsay weren't even at mom and dad's that morning since they are now married. mom and sierra were already gone to church and travis was already awake by the time that i woke up. i found mine and travis's easter baskets in the floor in my bedroom and he and i looked through them together. after i got up and around, i finished up the preparartions for the easter dinner. mom had already fixed everything, i just had to put a few things in the oven and make sure it was cooked before time to head to justin and lindsay's. we had decided to do easter at their house and her family was invited as well. their house was filled with her parents, her brother and sister, her grandma and grandpa (from her dad's side), my mom and sister, travis, and me. my dad didn't join everyone and that really made me sad.
we ate a lot of yummy food and watched marley & me. (on second thought, maybe it was the movie that made me sad -- just kidding!) after the movie was over, no one really stuck around for long. the moms helped get the kitchen back in order, and everyone headed their separate ways. travis and i stopped in at the lears', but we didn't really stay for long. amanda spent her first easter away from home this year as well and was in enid with zach's family. we left before long so that we could go home and pack more of the apartment. we decided at the beginning of the month that we would move out of our apartment in tulsa and move in with my mom and dad in an effort to save money, as well as aleviate a little of the stress. addison keeps getting worse, and i keep having issues with my health. i feel like my parents are hovering and going a little overboard, but they are truly concerned with my health and i think they'll be glad that i'm back home so they can keep an eye on me. the drive back and forth isn't something that i'm looking forward to, but travis seems really excited about the move in general; and he never has minded a drive. we shall see how it goes.

0 comments: