Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

two meetings and a proposal.

after getting to bed so late last night, i felt i had to drag myself out of bed when the alarm went off. i didn't get a very full night's sleep as i had gone to bed so late and was then awoken at 5-something by ivory -- the family lab -- barking her head off. apparently she had an upset tummy and needed my sister to take her out right then.

i was sad to discover that i had a very sore throat...and scared that i may have caught my brother's "uncontagious" illness. blah. i quickly showered, ironed black pants and a button-down shirt and headed to starbucks at 91st and riverside in tulsa. claudine had our first meeting with a prospect today! it was a lead passed from dan. the guy is getting ready to open a new business in the tulsa/okc area, and we may get to help him with a launch party. he's not quite set to go and anticipates it being several months, yet, but it was fun to have an actual meeting with someone and kind of work the kinks out of our story. after that we went to pick up sarah from claudine's mom, but she didn't want to leave, so we headed back to my car and sat their talking about the business and our schedules until time for me to meet another prospect at 12:30.

i headed to los cabos in broken arrow to meet with a close friend of mine from college. when we first developed the idea of elever, i had told him about; he had sounded excited about it and told me to come see him when we had our packages ready. armed with a brochure and list of services i sat down to lunch with my old friend. we lunched and chatted for two hours! i expected most of the conversation to center around personal lives and catching up, but we spent more than half of the time talking about the business! he really was interested. and not a "your my friend so give me your smallest package so i can help you out" but genuine, "hey, you have a viable service that i need ... let's see what we can do!" he asked me to get a proposal together and get back with him! i am so excited!!

my throat was hurting when i woke up, but after our first meeting, the pain had spread up through my tonsils to my ears. i was in a lot of pain. i took some ibuprofen before going into lunch, and that helped for about two hours or so, but then it began to quickly wear off. i hate going to the doctor, but decided that i would stop in since we have a vacation coming up. of course the time that i go, they're not seeing walk-in patients that late in the day ... so i took the fast track home and crawled into my sweats and straight into bed. my poor sister had to feed little connor and watch him for a bit. then i found out that she wasn't feeling well. she had woken up sick to her stomach and then had to visit the dentist for laughing gas and a numbing shot later in the day.

travis came home to find me on the computer in bed. he told me that i needed rest with my eyes shut, so he laid with me for a few minutes, then kissed me on the forehead and went to the pool hall. i've been lying here in this bed for hours. travis is home now, and he keeps checking on me, but he's like the sick police or something. every time i get out of bed, he sends me right back! he's probably right. i probably do need to rest, but surprisingly enough, i can't fall asleep. it will be time for bed soon and maybe my internally time clock will kick in. until then, i'll be working on layouts for my parents' businesses and listening to david gray.

0 comments: