Pages

Monday, May 18, 2009

daily life and wedding ramblings.

i haven't posted, not because i haven't felt like it or haven't had time to, i just haven't felt like i've had anything to post about. let's see ...

on tuesday, i went to tulsa for travis and my hair appointments with renata. i'm a little disappointed that my hair isn't getting much longer than it currently is. it's healthy and i'm keeping it trimmed, but it seems to have greatly slowed down in growth. i am excited, though, because as soon as my veil comes in, renata wants me to schedule a practice round to try several different options with my hair. i think it will be fun! i just wish that it would be something fun that a bridesmaid or two would enjoy. we are going to try several different styles, though, and i can't imagine that anyone will want to sit for a while watching me get my hair done over and over. ooh, i just got butterflies thinking about playing around and practicing with my veil!

i was talking to amelia earlier this week and she mentioned that she was on her way to eric's sister's wedding. i said, "soon we'll be going to my wedding!" and then it hit me -- our wedding is 5 months away. i knew it was getting close, but the fact that it is less than half a year away had not really occurred to me. five months passes so quickly. i will have just gotten everything settled into my parents' house and it will be time to move again! and we will be married!! part of me is so excited and then another part of me just can't quite comprehend the magnitude.

my room at my parents' is starting to fill up with wedding day items. my dress is still being altered, so it's not here, but one whole side of the room is filling up quickly with glass vases and candles. my veil was supposed to be shipped this weekend, so it should be here soon as well. there is still so much to do between now and the wedding: save the dates, flowers, cake, drinks, lighting, photographer, invitations, programs, linens ... the list goes on really.

on top of all of that, i am working dilligently to get the business started. we should have our business cards by tomorrow (yay!), and we are working to get the finishing touches on our brochure. i'm excited about the look of it. claudine and dan's son josh is just working on a piece of art for the cover. i'm ready for it to be finished! i just feel like some of this has dragged ... which i know is to be expected when starting a new business. there will be unexpected roadblocks and detours along the way.

1 comments:

The Hurst Family said...

i know, it's going to be here before you know it! if i lived in tulsa, i would come watch you get your hair did.