Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

praying for boston.

it is so hard to put into words what i'm feeling for the city and people of boston {and for our country really}.  i found this post on facebook and decided to share it.

I have tried to write this status three times and I keep going back and deleting it. I cannot find the right words to express how I feel about today's devastating events in my home town of Boston. Not everyone knows this, but today is a holiday in Massachusetts. It is Patriots' Day. Bostonians by nature are overly patriotic. I think it has a lot to do with the historic roots of our fair city. Today a coward, or maybe even a group of cowards decided that they would try to destroy that beauty. They have no idea you cannot destroy that kind of beauty. History is embedded to the core of that city. You may crack the pavement, you may injure us physically, you may strike fear for today, but you will NOT destroy our spirit. Be it a foreign terrorist or a domestic terrorist you better believe your days are numbered. We will pull ourselves back up, we will be better than ever. We will not live in fear, we will fight back. We are Bostonians, we are Americans and we will not hide like the cowards you are.

To all of the civilians today, My heart goes out to you and your families. Be it physical injury, mental injury or loss of a loved one.

To the Boston Police, Boston Ems, Boston Fire and surrounding agency responders, I cannot put into words the feeling of pride and fear that overwhelmed me as I watched you run headlong into a heinous nightmare. No hesitation, no fear.

Lastly, to the 911 Dispatchers/Calltakers of Boston and the surrounding agencies that assisted. My heart is yours. You held fast as hysterical callers, worried family members and your units on the street needed you in these tragic events. The angels behind the headset were tested today in Boston. I tip my headset to you, the unseen heroes behind the scenes, you are the golden glue today and everyday.

0 comments: