Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

welcome to MY frontier.


This weekend Travis watched The Pioneer Woman with me.  It's Ree Drummond's show on the Food Network.  I've used a few of her recipes {particularly when I'm cooking beef}, and I've had a lot of success with them {remember that incredible beef tenderloin I whipped up at Christmas?}. 

She made a tres leches cake, and Travis thought it looked really yummy.   I decided to give it a whirl.  Mine isn't as pretty as hers {and I didn't feel like removing the stems from my cherries} but all in all it turned out pretty well.


I've had tres leches cakes before, but Travis never had.  It's very light, even though it has the three milks in it.  I'm a fan, but mine definitely wasn't as good as the professionally made cakes I've had.  I'm not giving up on the recipe, but think it's something I'll need to try a few times before I get it just right.

0 comments: