Pages

Saturday, April 6, 2013

haley and the loves come for a visit.


After getting Travis settled back in at the hospital, I went back home to get Haley.  There's a Starbucks in Kingspointe Village just across from the hospital, so we stopped in for drinks.  It was nice enough for us to sit out on the patio, so we grabbed a table and visited for a while, mainly about school. {I'm grateful for patio weather.  Maybe a little fresh air will do some good for me}.  I was anxious to get back to the hospital to see Travis, so we didn't stay long.  We hadn't brought Haley to the hospital at all last week.  With the trauma of her dad so fresh in her mind, we really weren't sure bringing her up to St. Francis was such a great idea.  She hadn't gotten to see Travis, though, all last week or even in the short period of time he was home on Friday, so she was anxious to get to the hospital to see him, too. 

A little later in the afternoon, Matthew and Crystal brought the boys and came to see us. Haley hadn’t met them before, so I was excited she not only got to spend some time with Travis, but that she got to meet the Loves as well.

Asher’s birthday is Monday – he’ll be three.  His birthday party is tomorrow at Chuck E. Cheese, but we won’t be able to make it this year.   

We wished him a happy birthday and let him know we were super excited for him, and that we were sad to miss it.

I’ve been so worried about my little family.  I know this can’t be easy for Haley.  She’s been worried about Travis and I don’t have a lot of answers for her, just that he is okay and is going to be better at some point.

My dad has been incredible to stay with her throughout the week and make sure there is someone home with her every night.  I hate not being there to drop her off at school (even if I’m not a morning person, I’ve already gotten used to seeing her each morning and dropping her off). 

Hopefully we’ll have some answers soon about how quickly Travis can start feeling better.

It’s weird going about my week as if everything is normal.  I worked from the hospital all last week, but didn’t feel like I could do that for another week.  This must be similar to what it feels like for Haley – going about like everything is normal when really everything has been flipped on end.

I’m grateful we are a family and have one another to get through the tough times.

0 comments: