Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

a morning at home with haley girl.


This morning I spent time at home with Haley.  It’s been a rough week for her not having Travis and me around. She’s really worried about Travis, too.  We also needed to run her out to the doctor’s office in Owasso so they could start her on another round of antibiotics. Lately I feel like we spend all our time in ER's, doctors' offices, and hospitals.  Still, I know I am blessed and try to continually remind myself of that. 

I started the morning making French toast dumplings for her.  They're made out of Grand's biscuits and simmered in maple syrup and brown sugar.  Yowza. They also gave me the opportunity to use my Dutch oven that I love so much -- that thing is awesome!
  


They were incredibly easy, and we both really liked them ... I would be lying if I said she didn't think they looked a little weird, but all-in-all, I think they were a success.   I didn't get a final shot of mine, but you can see how they look at www.ohbiteit.com by following the link to the recipe above.  Let me know what you think if you try them. 

0 comments: