Pages

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

ex.haus.ted.

Someone please tell me I will stop feeling so tired all of the time and will be able to get some rest soon. 

Being a wife, nurse, daughter, and new "mom" while also juggling a career, home life, and friendships is not easy. 

I've always been incredibly impressed with people who are long-term caretakers, but now I have even more respect for them.  I have only been taking care of Travis for a month, and we are both worn out.  Neither of us are getting much sleep; the Crohn's wakes Travis up several times and night which in turn wakes me up. 

Don't get me wrong. There is no one I would rather be taking care of, and I'm so glad I have the opportunity to be the one watching over him.  But I would be lying if I said it was easy. 

With all of the things going on in the past six months, I've gotten to a point where I can only squeeze so much into my day.  Even the idea of trying to figure out what we're going to have for dinner can send me into a frantic state of stress.  and I'm someone who likes to cook. 

I have a day trip to Houston tomorrow which makes for a very early morning, so I better hop off of here.  Sweet dreams to all.

0 comments: