Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

thank You for Your mercies.


I did a lot of posting about events that took place on Sunday.  I posted a lot of good things, but it was a pretty scary day for us. 

I left the hospital {I just typed “hotel” – that should tell you something about how long we’ve been here} to grab something from Jamba Juice – thank you God for Jamba Juice right now.  I was sitting in the parking lot talking to Sue about the doctor’s new recommendation for Remicaid and how scary it is for us.  So much talk about lymphoma!  We understand that all drugs have warning labels (and most of them sound worse than whatever you actually have) but Remicaid is  a bio-drug and is more than forthcoming about the relationship between long-term use of the drug and developments of lymphoma.  Since Travis already has a history of cancer in his family, we would like to avoid this if at all possible.  "Bio treatments" were also some of the first words out of Travis's dad's mouth when he came up to the hospital when Travis was first hospitalized.  He warned us to immediately shut the doctors down if they started talking about this.  I needed to call and tell his parents, to keep them informed because I know they’ve been so worried, too, but I didn’t know how to tell them about something they had been so adamant about Travis steering clear of.  Dee wouldn’t be happy and I was afraid Steve would flip.  I also knew that Travis is the one having to deal with the illness.  It's his body, his frame of mind that are impacted, and he would want/need to consider all options.

In the middle of talking through everything with Sue, she got a call on her other phone.  I could hear the concern in her voice as she talked.  When she came back on the line she said she had to go.  Tabitha had the boys in her car and Zack was following, but she was having stroke-like symptoms.  She had managed to pull into a parking lot, but Zack needed to get her to the hospital as quickly as possible.  Sue was going to meet them in the parking lot to pick up the boys. 


Zack got her to the ER, but her dexterity was nominal and the side of her face was numb.  She was slumped and sagging, and having difficulty speaking. After Sue saw her, she was really worried she was having a stroke.


I broke down in the car and just started praying.  Our family has been through so much.  Nothing could happen to Tabitha. He had to take care of her.  I texted Sue to let her know I was praying for them and to please keep me posted.  Now how was I going to tell Travis this?   I didn’t want to stress him out, but I knew if something happened he would be upset if he hadn’t known sooner.  I grabbed my smoothie and headed back to the hospital. 


We’ve learned now that Tabitha had an extremely bad migraine.  They were able to knock her out with Benadryl and another medication to break the migraine.  So scary!  I’m so incredibly grateful that it wasn’t anything more severe. The neurologist has said if this happens again, Tabitha should knock herself out with Benadryl again and that the new prescription will hopefully help break it.


As tough as things have been, I’m so glad to know that God is watching over us.  That He is providing for us and carrying us through. 

0 comments: