Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

rhiannon's biometric screening.


Today was my biometric screening.  All of my numbers came back normal {except for my triglycerides – they are still a little high, and they were high last year}. 

The wellness coach mentioned, "you flag a little high for stress."  The survey they give asks if you’ve experienced a death in the family, divorce, marriage, birth of a child/adoption, change in job, work stress, serious illness in the family, personal health issues etc. in the past year.  I could say yes to all of them on the list – and they have all taken place in the last six months.  I explained the situation and that the stress isn’t anything that can be controlled – I can’t bring my uncle back; I can’t make my parents get back together; I can’t heal my husband’s disease; I am trying to control my migraines and manage other health issues, etc.  
 
There are good stresses, too, like the introduction of a kid into our lives.  Sure it’s not always easy, but it’s something else that happens in life, and a lot of good comes from Haley around, even on days when it’s tough for her.
 
He agreed there is little I can do and to continue to maintain a healthy lifestyle as much as possible.

0 comments: