Pages

Friday, August 21, 2009

guess how we spent last night.

on the couch. watching a movie. surprised, aren't you?


so yesterday we woke up late {i can't imagine that all of this late night movie watching is having an impact}, hurried around and got to sixbyte about 20 minutes late. i was the one driving and was so exhausted. i told travis i was afraid we may have to switch seats because i really thought i was going to fall asleep a few times. instead, i stayed awake while travis took a quick cat nap in the passenger seat.


i don't technically work for sixbyte on thursdays, so i carried in my quillow {quilt that folds into a pillow} that i always keep in the car, and proceeded to fall asleep underneath my massive desk. it's pretty dark under there, and this way i don't look like a total slacker should the mailman or any clients walk in. instead of finding me snoozing in the chair, i am completely hidden under my desk. the office is always freezing, so i have a fleece throw that remains on the back of my chair at all times. i laid my head on the quillow, snuggled under the fleece throw and took a nice long hour and a half nap! i couldn't believe i slept that long! the floor was freezing because the office is so cold and there is only a thin layer of carpet covering the concrete; once i buried my head under the blanket and drifted to sleep, i hardly noticed the cold. who would have ever guessed that i would find myself sleeping under my desk?? {i had really odd dreams about the guys in the office while i was sleeping -- david handed me a folder full of unused water balloons; the police showed up to look for tom; travis's backpack was sitting on his lap on fire, but he never even noticed. weird i tell you}.


we got home a little after 6, ate sloppy joes {yeck}, gave connor a much needed bath, and then travis popped in a documentary on linux. i watched for a little bit {it's actually interesting} and then i hopped in the shower. i had to forego my shower in the morning rush to make it to the office. after my shower, we headed to wal-mart to stock up on toiletries and the orange soda that travis was craving. we stopped in at the pool hall, but only stayed long enough for travis to play a few games. there weren't a lot of people there and we were pretty tired. when we got home, we decided to watch "knowing."
i asked travis if it was a scary movie. he told me that he thought it was supposed to be an adventure, much like national treasure. was he ever wrong. while i wouldn't call this a scary movie, i would definitely say it's a thriller, and i'm not a fan. the movie was so creepy! my adrenaline was pumping even after the movie was over. i couldn't bring myself to walk down the hall or back into any of the rooms without adequate lighting. when travis came in to tell me good night i had him lay with me because i was still so spooked. ridiculous really.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

your nap under the desk was hilarious! and i know what you mean about that movie (and others like it) - i used to like them but don't anymore... they totally stress me out!!

The Hurst Family said...

I've never heard of that movie! If it didn't have anything really disturbing in it, like murders or blood and gore...maybe I'll check it out. I like Nicholas Cage a lot. I can't believe you took a nap for that long under your desk! Haha!!

Rhiannon said...

nope, no blood, no gore. just weird. and a little nerve-racking!