Pages

Friday, August 7, 2009

let's go fly a kite!


i've been working at sixbyte each day. two days of the week i work on their books (and once i get everything caught up, i'll move back to marketing, sales, etc). the other days, christopher (the owner of the company) let's me use the office for my business.
i really enjoy our drive time together in the car. we've got a bit of a journey from muskogee to tulsa each morning and each afternoon. we also work really well together during the day.

lately on our drives, travis has been telling me stories from his childhood. i've wanted to write them down ... but much to my dismay i've already forgotten a couple of them. yesterday when we were driving home, we looked out the driver's side window. "a kite! a kite! that's what we need. we need a kite," travis exclaimed. "that's one of my really good memories with my dad. he bought me a kite and was helping me fly it. i was afraid it was going to take me away with it. i was probably about 4 or 5 years old ... "

his story reminded me of when i hoped that i could be picked up by a kite, or an umbrella, or a humongous bouquet of balloons and float up, up, and away, just like mary poppins.

i hope we never forget these precious glimpses back into our stories.

0 comments: