Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

harry potter and the deathly hallows.

i have finished the harry potter series {again}. for the past few weeks my free time has been spent with my nose in a book, reading each installment one right after the other. i have read the books before, but it has been some time since i last did so. i also had read each of the earlier installments several times more than books five, six, and seven. {i think this happened because i used to read each of the books leading up to the release of the most recent movies}. as time went on, life of course grew busier, and i've not found the time to read all of the books before the release of the last few movies. it was a lot of fun reading books six and seven because i remembered very little about them. book seven was a treat because i didn't remember anything about it. i even started crying last night! {ridiculous, i know}. i didn't cry in the sixth one when dumbledore dies, but i did find myself crying in book seven when harry has to be so brave! since i had read the books before i really didn't think they would make me cry.

as i was blowing through the last book {i started reading it sunday night when we got home from travis's parents' and finished it monday night after work} travis kept asking me, "what are you going to do when you finish these books? you don't have your shopaholic books, and you've already read the little lady agency books." what shall i do, indeed?

3 comments:

The Hurst Family said...

Hmmm...have you read the Twilight series? Or the Chronicles of Narnia, Lord of the Rings? I'm sure you have...just a few of my favorite ones to go back and reread over and over. Oh and I know it sound stupid, but the Aragon series (dragons) is really great too!!! I love mythylogical stuff. I can't spell that word and I'm too tired to look it up. Lol.

Rhiannon said...

i haven't jumped on the "twilight" series bandwagon. i'm not sure why.

i've read the narnia books, but not in several years. i never read the lord of the rings or aragon. i'll have to check them out. all of my books are packed away in storage. :/

Sierra said...

I'm reading it agian too! I don't remember anything about it either. I've yet to finish it though. . .and I still need to go and see the 1st enstallment of the 7th and "final" Harry Potter movie :) Christmas break for the next 2 weeks just sayin ;)