Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

wedding gown.



above, in all of it's glory, is my wedding gown! the dress shown is white; my dress is ivory. i felt the ivory would work well for a fall wedding, especially one in the countryside. while i love her big billowing veil, mine, as i've mentioned before, will be a birdcage veil. i've already purchased it {but i don't have pictures of it}. i have it in a hat box at home. i'm thinking of purchasing a different one, however. at the time i purchased my gown, the store didn't carry the birdcage veil. the veil that i purchased, though lovely, is more of a blusher veil and slightly shorter and offers no coverage for the side of my head. when i went for one of my dress fittings, the store now had several birdcage veils available. i'll let you know what i decide.

i'm really happy with my dress selection. since i was going for a vintage-inspired vibe, it has thrilled me to no end to hear every single person who has seen me in the dress say that it is "very grace kelly" or "has an audrey hepburn air."

i will have to post pictures of my jewelry later. i opted for diamonds {though i considered pearls} because they just remind me of old hollywood. though it is a small detail, the jewelry is what really made the dress for me. when i saw the vintage {i really need a new word here!} jewelry with the dress, i fell in love.


i really like the buttons that run along the back of the dress. they work nicely with the "dots" on the birdcage veil where the netting comes together.

0 comments: