Pages

Monday, June 10, 2013

a post from travis: love your neighbor.

I am very thankful for where Life has taken me, what it has given me, and the lessons it has taught me. Hell I'm even thankful for the disease it has recently given me. I'd like to think that just maybe with my random selection it has kept at least one other person from being selected and they can continue life being healthy. I will say Crohn's Disease is no walk in the park though. You never know waking up each day how you're going to feel or even if you can get out of bed that morning. All I can do is deal with it day by day.... Tell myself that there are a whole lot of people out there far worse off than I..... Tell myself that my family and friends need me there for them. I'd like to say that I wake up every day with a positive attitude, but that's rarely the case and to be honest I'm just not that kind of person. I generally wake up in pain... In turn I get pissed off and that is where my drive comes from. Pain and suffering, and the realization that I don't have time for that $*!@. The realization that millions of people are dying, have lost someone, can't eat, are missing, tortured....etc. Who am I really to complain?? I'm just a number with responsibilities who happens to have a disease that hurts. As long as I'm hurting, though, at least I know I'm still alive. Some don't have that "luxury".

Not really sure what all this was about. Just some random thoughts I guess. Probably good material for deletion in a few days. Happy day everybody! Love your neighbor. They may not be there tomorrow.

0 comments: