Pages

Friday, June 14, 2013

my dad's family

i was on my aunt francie's facebook page today and saw she had this picture as her cover photo.  i just loved it.  i'm not sure when it was taken, but i think it was taken at my mamaw's funeral.  it's definitely at my mamaw's house across from the park in salina.

these are all of my brother's siblings.

starting in the back, from left to right is my nanny {aunt penni}, aunt joyce, aunt francie {frances}, and aunt winnie.  on the front row is my dad, my uncle doug {miss him} and my uncle ken.


we never see the kids all together like this ... and now, we really can't since my uncle doug and my nanny are gone.  i don't know the ins and outs of why these seven couldn't all get along, but i miss being younger, when they could all be together with a smile on their face {well most of them}.

some of my most favorite memories from growing up include driving to salina and to broken arrow to see my aunts, uncles, and cousins.  i never saw uncle ken much, but the rest of my aunts and uncles and their kids were around for much of the time i was growing up.  my brother and sister somehow don't really have many memories of any of them and that makes me sad.

i'm grateful for my family and the time i've spent with them, and love coming across pictures like this.  hopefully we'll find a way to have times like this all together again.

0 comments: