Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

fourteen days of love. 10.

10. panini press

wow! only four more days to go after this. in the beginning i wondered if i would be able to write for fourteen days about things that i love right now, especially since i was also doing it for the notably noted blog, but now i look up and we're ten days in.

when amelia and i lived together, we {read she} had a panini press. we used that puppy every. single. day. okay, maybe not every day for three years ... but enough for it to feel like that.

this past christmas when my mom was trying to decide what to get me, she realized that i didn't actually own a panini press. i had done all this talking about how wonderful they are, how much we used it, yada yada yada, so she couldn't believe i didn't have one of my own.
i took a picture of the one my mother got me, plugged in on the kitchen counter ... but it's on my phone, and i don't have my phone by me. i thought about not posting this tonight, but i want to stay on track with my fourteen days of love ... so the buy.com version is what you get. =)

it took me a few weeks to remember the joy that is the panini press, but this past week i was reminded, and inspired!

one of my favorites that i've made is on earth grains thin wheat buns. i don't like a lot of bread and i rarely eat it, so these are wonderful for me. plus they're whole grain. i've put a layer of fresh sliced mushrooms on the bottom slice of the bun. next comes a slice of swiss cheese. then a slice or two of thinly sliced turkey breast. topped with a slice of fresh tomato and thinly sliced mozzarella. i put it on the press until the bread is nice and warm and the cheese is melted. then i open the sandwich back up, and add freshly smashed avacado.

mmm. delish.

0 comments: