Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

whiplash & muscle relaxers.

yesterday i had a follow up appointment from my er visit. the doctor had asked that i see another doctor at the beginning of the week, so my parents took me to the recommended doctor's office. i'm not going to lie. i felt a little silly being 26 years old and having to have both of my parents take me to the doctor. the truck is parked at travis's parents' right now, though, and travis and lindsay had the rodeo in tulsa.

the visit didn't take too terribly long, and i was grateful. there's nothing like sitting in a waiting room for hours on end. the doctor came in and examined me. i mentioned before that my left side was giving me trouble right after the accident, but since then my right hip and my neck had started to give me a little pain and soreness.

my xrays had come back normal, but the doctor said i definitely had whiplash and wanted me to take muscle relaxers. she also gave me two and a half pages of stretches she wants me to do. i'm to work into them slowly this next week and then come back for another thirty minute visit next tuesday to see how i'm healing. she said she may do a little manipulation then, but it is too close to the injury at this time to be moving anything around. this worried my mom, but i think everything is going to be fine.

i spend a lot of time with the heating pad and she suggested that i start alternating the heat with ice, so i may give that a shot today. i'm not looking forward to the stretches, but will let you know how everything goes.

1 comments:

The Hurst Family said...

Whiplash is the WORST. I always thought people were exagerrating (I probably spelled that wrong but I don't care) until it happened to me. I couldn't move for 3 days and I kept popping pills so I could stay in a dreamlike state and not feel the pain. Hang in there, darlin'!