Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2010

hello. my name is rhiannon. and i'm an addict.

oh. my. goodness. i officially have a problem. do you have any idea how much time i spend going to four particular blogs {talesofthetrees.com; thecollierfam; tangled dreams; justjenny} waiting to see if each of the authors have updated? oh a million or so. sure, you think that's an exageration, but at this point, i wouldn't say that it's much of a stretch.

get google reader you say. it tells you when your favorite blogs are updated. i have it, but the impulse is too great. i have to check over and over and over. it's even the last thing i do after turning out the light each night. i do one last check from my phone before closing my eyes. as if any of you are updating at that hour!

so, i have to apologize to each of my readers {all ten of you, ha!} for my blogging hiatus. if you're anything like me, it's torture! {though i can't imagine that my not posting really has that much of an impact in anyone's life. i don't ever write of anything really significant}.

whew. it feels good to get that off my chest.

is there a program i can join?

3 comments:

The Hurst Family said...

I do it too! Every day at work, several times a day....I'll join the addict program with you, haha!

Jenny said...

agreed - me too! especially yours and Andrea's because they don't show up on my feed, so I HAVE to check them! :)

Rhiannon said...

I forgot that our blog is one that won't appear in newsfeeds since it requires a password to access. Believe it or not, I'm actually working right now to make it a public blog. There are posts that I wouldn't want open to the general public, however, so I'm trying to decide the best way to make this conversion. I don't really want to start a whole new blog. I am planning to publish each year into it's own book {I got the idea from Jen; it's actually why I started blogging in the first place} but it's nice to have the electronic "backup" as well. Maybe I will print each year and then delete the posts that I don't want to remain public domain ... at least I would have a back up of most of the posts that way. Hmm ... we shall see.