Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2010

fourteen days of love. 11.

11. time with my girlfriends.

since moving away from tulsa i don't often get to spend time with my girlfriends. this past month, though, i've gotten some great quality girl time. {though i am not loving that there are no pictures to document these times together!}

at the end of january, i made a trip to okc to visit sweet, sweet andy. she is getting maui'ed {married in maui} this summer, and i'm helping with her wedding invitations and collateral. we've had to do most of the planning and designing over the phone and email, but that weekend i headed to the city to sit down with her and make sure we were on track with all of her plans.

i arrived on saturday and we spent the day tweaking designs for her invitation, response card, schedule of events, directions card, wedding monogram for the programs, favors, and more. we accomplished a ton and then set out for a bottle of wine and a couple of movies from redbox. when we got back to the house, ryan had a spaghetti dinner ready and waiting for us. we enjoyed dinner and then popped in cloudy with a chance of meatballs. it was one of the weirdest movies we had ever seen ... but it was also funny. my favorite line, "come on steve. we've got diem to carpe."
after the movie was over we popped in the accidental husband. andrea fell asleep not far into the movie, but i couldn't go to sleep for anything! the movie was cute. i couldn't decide if i liked the ending or not, but for the most part i think i enjoyed it. i finished the movie, then watched the pregnancy pact {so weird because it's based on true events} and an old episode of grey's anatomy. of course i love grey's anatomy, but i had forgotten how great the earlier seasons were.

the next morning we woke up late. sleeping in was wonderful. andrea fixed yummy, healthy pancakes, and she, ryan and i enjoyed breakfast together. i tried on my bridesmaid dress {very pretty!} and then packed up for the long drive home.

i hardly ever get to see andrea, so it was super fun getting to spend a large chunk of my weekend with her. if all goes well, i'll see again next weekend when she makes the trek to muskogee to finish up her wedding paper planning.

as if my visit with andrea wasn't enough fun girl time, i then got the extra pleasure of spending time with kate and amelia last weekend. we headed out to the junior league of tulsa's decadence rocks: diamonds and denim event. we got decked out in our designer jeans, fun night on the town tops, and flashy jewelry. the night was filled with champagne, gossip, and hours and hours of girl talk. so. fun. and exactly what i needed as things have been a little rough lately. the event was at the summit club, which we followed up with drinks at a cute little bar downtown with kalan and grant.

now, i'm keeping my fingers crossed that i'll get to spend much needed time with my darling friend jen this upcoming week. we have tentative lunch plans and after missing hudson's birthday last month due to a stomach bug, i can't wait to see her {and hopefully the little guy, too}.

2 comments:

The Hurst Family said...

Awww, I love your recap of our weekend!!! I really wanted to write one too, but I haven't been in the mood lately to blog :( Maybe I will copy and paste this in to my blog (like I did with the Remington Park entry, haha!) It was so great to see you, and I'm going to have more energy next weekend (hopefully!) so we can go out and have fun like the old times and I don't bore you to death =)

Rhiannon said...

You're so silly. You didn't bore me to death. at. all. Don't worry about having too much energy next weekend ... not like there's a lot going on in the great metropolis of Muskogee. Haha!

I understand about not being in the mood to blog ... I wasn't for the longest time, but I do miss your updates. =)