Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

quick run on the treadmill.

i love sharing the ins and outs of our daily lives with our friends and family who aren't always close by.  i also write to remember.  i love going back and reading old blog posts and remembering events (some i would have completely forgotten altogether if not for the blog). sometimes my posts are boring and of little interest to others, but they mean something to me.  and so i write.

tonight on the drive home, travis mentioned he was going to go to kettlebells at 6:45.  that would give us just enough time for him to get home, change clothes, and head out the door to make it in time for class. i considered going as well, (after all, i hadn't been since the near-blackout encounter) but the boys had been in their crates all day, and i just couldn't bring myself to let them out just to put them right back in.  travis agreed and said that's why he hadn't suggested we both go.  instead, he recommended that i run on the treadmill.  i'm glad he suggested it, because on my own, i never would have done it.  after he left, i even considered not doing it.  but in the end, i was glad to have the motivation, and i made it a point to hop on.

i ran for about 25 minutes.  i didn't track my distance or calories (mainly b/c the treadmill shut off two different times during my workout), but i enjoyed the run.  i was able to make myself keep going, which was nice.

we haven't been going consistently (as you can probably tell from my posts), but i can tell the little bit we are going is making a difference.  each work out gets a little easier.  for the most part, each time i work out it has been a little less time in between work outs.

keep your fingers crossed for me that we can keep it up now that my travel schedule has picked up at work.  (have i mentioned how incredibly nice it was to not travel much during the months of november and december)?

0 comments: