Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

reflection.


yesterday on the plane ride home from houston i caught up on my google reader.  what does my google reader consist of?  a lot of party inspiration and home decor blogs and blogs just a lot like mine.  people sharing their lives, their projects, their inspiration.

and then i came across a post that stopped me in my tracks. {okay, i was in the sky, so technically it didn't}, but it really made me pause.  reflect.  and swallow the ever growing lump in my throat that meant tears weren't behind.

don't get me wrong.  it was a wonderful post.  and not dramatic.  it was simple. and honest. and exactly what i needed.  it was written by my friend megan tree.

i really encourage you to check the post out for yourself, but i've copied part of the message that really struck a chord for me. 
So if [writing's] my thing.....why can't I find it lately?

I think it's because of what my input is. Writing is my creative output, but what am I putting in my life to foster this output?

...

I have noticed a direct correlation between time I spend in the word and what my output become, and really, times when my writing it flowing and I feel most "me" through writing it when I have spend adequate time with God. Just reading his word, studying it. Filling myself with it, so that my output is God-honoring and a Light for him.

My input directly affects my output, and I want to make sure that I am filling myself with the things I need. Not just the things I want or things I think I should be doing at that moment.
and i had to stop and ask myself that exact question -- what am i putting in my life to foster my output?  i've spent a lot of time praying lately for a better attitude.  to show Christ's love instead of anger and frustration.  to find positivity in negative situations.  but at the end of the day, where am i spending my time?  what am i putting into my life?  am i only dwelling on the negative?  am i spending time in God's word?

thanks for finding me, megan, in the middle of a hectic week and reminding me of Who should be my inspiration. 

0 comments: